Guidelines are designed to realise the Mullum Creek vision. They apply to the construction of all dwellings on the estate. This ensures that all residents benefit from a sustainable, well-designed built environment that delivers a high level of amenity, aesthetic appeal, comfort and energy efficiency, both in the home and across the estate.
The main features of the Guidelines are:
- 7.5 star energy efficiency ratings for all homes
- Generation and use of solar power
- Rainwater tanks for domestic and other uses
- Building materials and construction techniques that minimise environmental impact
- Generous building envelopes on each lot to promote the best home location and protect neighbours’ access to sunlight and views
- Measures to ensure high-quality aesthetic character and appearance across the estate